Marathon Consulting is seeking a project manager to serve clients throughout the Richmond, VA area. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years working as a project manager with finance and new system implementation experience.
Marathon employees receive a competitive salary, paid time off, and bonus opportunities. We also provide a healthy work-life balance and the flexibility to work hybrid/remote. You will receive our healthcare package, which pays 100% of the employee premium, a competitive 401K match program, professional training, $300 annually for health and wellness or pre-approved home office enhancements, and the opportunity for tremendous growth. Marathon makes relocation to our Hampton Roads or Richmond offices easier by providing relocation assistance to selected candidates.
- Works with business and IT stakeholders to develop project scope, test plans for assigned teams, and manage the requirements development process
- Responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems
- Manage and update project plan (MS Project) through project completion
- Works with business and IT stakeholders to develop a work breakdown structure for monitoring and controlling assigned work through deliverables completion
- Leads project meetings; identifies, documents, and prioritizes scope changes and facilitates approval process; maintains and updates all project documents
- Sets and manages expectations with team members
- Maintains issues, risks, and other required project logs and facilitates resolution of all outstanding items
- Executes communication plans and regularly reports status to the program lead
- Prepares and participates in quality review checkpoints and obtains, secures, and archives necessary approvals
- BS/BA or higher in business or technology-related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a project manager
- Finance experience
- Experience implementing new systems within a distribution environment
- 3 to 5 years of experience in broad-based information systems, full lifecycle application development, and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development
- Experience with application development related to web-based portal solutions
- Experience communicating with a variety of both business and technology stakeholders and cross-functional groups
- Experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment, communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of an organization
- Experience with process flow diagrams
- Proficient with the following MS Office tools: Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, Visio
- Full working knowledge of the system development life cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to author and deliver presentations
- User acceptance testing
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
Marathon Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, fill out the form above or send your resume in Word or PDF format as an attachment to email@example.com.