Marathon Consulting is seeking a Data Engineer. The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years’ experience building ETL processes (SSIS, Azure Synapse Analytics/Azure Data Factory) and 1+ years’ experience with one or more cloud hosted database preferably in Azure.
In addition to supporting our clients, you will be joining a collaborative, supportive, talented team that provides a feeling of community. Your work will be diversified, challenging, and very rewarding. The wide variety of projects you will work on will allow you to continuously grow and optimize your skill set.
Marathon employees receive a competitive salary, paid time off, and bonus opportunities. We also provide a healthy work-life balance and the flexibility to work hybrid/remote. You will receive our healthcare package, which pays 100% of the employee premium, a competitive 401K match program, professional training, $300 annually for health and wellness or pre-approved home office enhancements, and the opportunity for tremendous growth.
- Working closely with IT and business staff to develop long-term, enterprise data strategies that empower marketers and others
- Helping to design and implement a Data Warehouse in Azure that will help business staff access the data they need to facilitate important business decision-making
- Assisting report writers and analytic staff in creating useful datasets and reports
- Designing and implementing ETL processes in the cloud and internally
- Documenting datasets to aide data warehouse consumers access the data they need
- Serving as a technical resource to the business and IT developers on questions about data
- Assisting with, and optimizing, complicated SQL queries and retrieving data from multiple systems
- 2+ years of experience building ETL processes (SSIS, Azure Synapse Analytics/Azure Data Factory)
- 1+ years of experience with one or more cloud-hosted databases preferably in Azure (Azure Synapse Analytics).
- Strong understanding of ETL principles and practices
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience with REST Services and other APIs
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- A passion for data – clean, statistical, and useful data – and an excitement for our mission
- Ability to communicate technical detail in a concise and understandable manner with business associates
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills; and the ability to manage multiple tasks with great attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Other Skills Preferred But Not Required:
- Experience in an ecommerce or marketing organization and its associated data (customers, transactions, products, etc.)
- Experience with Azure Data Platform technologies
- Exposure to Azure AD and RBAC
- Experience utilizing third-party ETL tools
- Experience with PowerShell, Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience with C# programming language
- Experience managing semi-structured data
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
Marathon Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, fill out the form on this page or send your resume in Word or PDF format as an attachment to email@example.com.