Marathon Consulting is seeking an application developer to serve clients throughout the Hampton Roads, VA area including Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, and Newport News. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of object-oriented programming and 2 years of experience with Microsoft.NET.
Marathon employees receive a competitive salary, paid time off, and bonus opportunities. We also provide a healthy work-life balance and the flexibility to work hybrid/remote. You will receive our healthcare package, which pays 100% of the employee premium, a competitive 401K match program, professional training, $300 annually for health and wellness or pre-approved home office enhancements, and the opportunity for tremendous growth. Marathon makes relocation to our Hampton Roads or Richmond offices easier by providing relocation assistance to selected candidates.
- Design and develop web applications using ASP.NET, MVC and C#.NET
- Design and develop web API and RESTful web services using C#.NET in support or overall corporate SOA
- Design and develop relational databases to serve as the backend for transactional systems
- Collaborate with the team to create a framework for developing solutions more consistently and efficiently
- Participate in planning by analyzing requirements, estimating work effort, performing demos, etc.
- Assist and mentor team on .NET design patterns, best practices, tools, and frameworks
- Assist in customization and integration of third-party systems into the existing suite of software systems
- Write technical documentation
- Help with builds and releases
- BS/BA in technology related field preferred or relevant experience
- 4+ years of object-oriented application programming experience and a strong background with the .NET framework
- 2 years’ experience with Microsoft.NET framework, including ASP.?NET, C#.NET, and VB.NET
- 2 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL server including DTS/SSIS, Stored Procedures, Schema Design, T-SQL, and Query Optimization
- Familiarity with IIS and .NET architectural concepts, patterns, and standards
- .NET CORE
- Microsoft Unit Testing Framework
- Modern JS Framework Experience – Angular, Knockout, React, or Vue
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
Marathon Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, fill out the form on this page or send your resume in Word or PDF format as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.